Kobe "Bean" Bryant - Remembrance To The Legend
The world(especially the sports world) received devastating news this past Sunday on January 26th. Basketball legend Kobe Bryant and teenage daughter Gigi Bryant both perished in a helicopter crash, in Calabasas, on the way to Gigi's basketball practice. Known for his competitive spirit and ruthlessness on the court Kobe leaves behind a legacy that will never die. The passion he showed for his family and basketball truly puts him in a league of his own.
Rewards & Accomplishments
- 1996 - Naismith Boy's High School Player of the Year
- 1997 - NBA Slam Dunk Champion
- 2002, 2007, 2009, 2011 - NBA All-Star Game Most Valuable Player Award
- 2008 - NBA MVP
- 2009, 2010 NBA Finals MVP
- 2008, 2012 Olympic Gold Medalist
- 81 point game - his career-high, 2nd in NBA history behind Wilt Chamberlain
- 18x NBA All-Star (17 years consecutively 2000-2016)
- 12x NBA All-Defensive Team(Nine 1st Team selections)
- 5x NBA Champion - 2000-2003, 2009, 2010
- 2018 - Oscar for Best Animated Short Film "Dear Basketball"
Drafted in 1996, Kobe became an NBA All-Star during just the second season of his 20-year career, which is also a record in itself. He played the most years with the same organization in NBA history, two consecutive decades worth. On April 13th, 2016 in his final game before retiring, the "Black Mamba" set yet another record that is to surely never to be beaten. He scored 60 points in 42 minutes of play.
His mentality, the "Mamba Mentality," inspired people across nations and his name is known worldwide. He was a proud father and his presence will be sorely missed. Farewell, Mamba.